Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Trend I'm Loving...Suits & Tuxedos

I don't know about you, but I'm obsessed with a woman in a suit...and even better, a tuxedo!

This is a trend that comes & goes year after year...and this year, its going strong, and I'm loving it!
Women borrow from menswear season after season in some form or another. 

Being a businesswoman, who attends meetings, trade shows, networking events, I'm always looking for 'serious' clothes to wear, which don't dilute my personal style, or personality.

I find putting on a suit makes me feel empowered, and adding in a tie or vest now & then mixes it up.  I have a pair of white high waisted tux pants, which I plan to wear at a networking event next month. 

I like to keep my shoes and accessories pretty feminine to balance the look....or add a feminine color like pink (see Julia Roberts below).  Or do a whole suit in color, if you're brave!  White suits are hot for spring & summer!

ANY body shape can sport a suit.  Jacket length is what matters.  Also, to add interest, try different pant styles: skinny, straight, wide leg, high waist, etc.  


Next time you have somewhere to go....SUIT UP! 








All photos courtesy of People Magazine

3 comments:

  1. i love this suit look. i want to try one of the printed suit combos that are so popular this season!

    xoxo,
    alicia // rivercitychic.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tuxedo suits always look good on a confident woman :)

    http://dressingwithdesire.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete