Thursday, July 19, 2012

Flat Line

Since a recent back injury, I've been forced to wear flats.  My doctor has ordered me to...and my back has ordered me to as well.  Never have I been a fan of flats (on me).  I'm 5 foot nothing, like the height heels add, and just feel better, more stylish, sexier, and more confident in heels.  Not to mention 99.5% of my pants and skirts are hemmed to heel height. 

As a closet full of heels stared back at me, I reached into the depths to find some flats. I did find a few, dusted them off, and I have been wearing them with the best attitude I can muster.

I spent many hours searching the web and thumbing through magazines to find photos of outfits with flat shoes that I liked, to get some inspiration. As I am seeing how adorable some of these women look (some even look chic), I have found myself softening up to the idea of wearing flats.

I have added a couple pair to my collection of shoes (without investing too much, as I do hope & plan to be back into my heels soon).  And I have mixed & matched flats into outfits I would have never dreamed of wearing with flats. 

My feet are happy, and I am starting to like some of the looks I've put together. (I can't wait for fall, I do have some great flat boots awaiting)  I've been so limited to what I can wear...so I AM anxious to get back into my heels!

But for now, I rock my flats as best I can and incorporate a few wedges and low heels now & then when I'm having a 'good' day.

Here are some of my flat styles I'm circulating in my wardrobe:





No comments:

Post a Comment