Friday, July 13, 2012

Rain + Rubber Boots

Yes, I have rubber rain boots. Yes, I actually wore them!

It has been raining for days here in Houston, which does nothing good for my hair, my mood or my wardrobe.  Being that life must go on, I had to dress to suit the weather.  I actually have clothes that I consider "rainy day" pieces. (some flannel shirts, tee shirts, polos, some sloppy jeans, and of course, my rain boots)  They are just clothes that I generally wouldn't wear in public, yet have them for yucky days.

Anyway, being that I had to get out in the disgusting weather, I slipped on an off the shoulder tee, my fave skinny jeans and my b&W checked rubber boots.
The sexy tee added some personality & playfulness to the outfit.  The boots, well, just kept my feet dry.

It was as fashionable as I felt I could be.  It worked. My feet stayed dry and I made it through my day. One person even told me I looked "cute".  WOW! 

If you are wanting to try rubber rain boots, just use them in your wardrobe like any boot....wear with skirts, jeans, dresses, whatever. they make them in many styles now: cowboy boots, wedges, lace up, ankle height, classic. You can bring your 'real' shoes with you and slip them on once inside if you prefer not to sport them all day.

Happy Weekend!

My actual outfit: Shirt: Victoriassecret.com, Jeans: Gap, Rainboots: Endless.com



No comments:

Post a Comment