Wednesday, March 7, 2012

In High Waisted Heaven

This week has so far been filled with meetings, a growing task list, and several wardrobe changes. Yesterday, I wore one of my favorite current trends: the high-waisted trouser (in dark red).  Finally, a woman has pant options which show off her waist. I'm so tired of the low-waisted teenager pants.  Even though I'm 5'0", I have curves like a woman;  hips, thighs, and a small waist.   Trousers with high waists and wide legs also make your legs look a mile long...not something I've been naturally blessed with. I'll take all the help I can get creating that illusion!

The red combined with the leopard is modern yet classic in a way. I love this combo.  Remaining true to my fairly minimal style, jewelry was simple, shoes were nude. 

If you don't have high waisted pants, try a pair. Those of you with hips will love the waist-to-hip ratio, those of you with longer torsos will love the leg lengthening affect, those of you with long legs will love how they show them off! For spring, try colored pants, or white or khaki.  And as always, black is a must. 



My actual outfit: Pants: Zara, Blouse: Ann Taylor, Shoes: Calvin Klein, Necklace: Don't remember, Handbag: Coach

No comments:

Post a Comment