Monday, March 5, 2012

Sunday Brunch

I've been wanting a reason to dress up. I have seen so many women out & about, wearing outfits which force me to take a double take. (Yeah, Ladies!) Then I feel like I want to dress up too!! You don't need a reason, you just need to put on the outfit. 

I love dresses. I'm kind of a hop-between-jeans-and-dresses gal.  There isn't a ton of in-between. I mean, I love trousers.  But I adore my dresses and jeans much more.

I had Sunday Brunch with my good friend and my son.  Perfect reason to dress up! We went to Brennan's...a New Orleans original restaurant here in Houston.  As an homage to my beloved New Orleans, I wore a black vintage inspired dress, by H&M (it was black dots on black, button front, body hugging), a headband with black flowers & beads, and leopard platform pumps...oh, and a black cameo ring.  I felt like a proper Southern lady (being from Louisiana, we do love our head pieces and our cameos).

We sipped mimosas and indulged in amazing food...thanks to my spanx (a must for any dress or skirt day), I didn't bust any buttons on the dress.  It was a lovely afternoon.




My actual outfit: Dress: H&M, Shoes: Christian Louboutin, Headband & ring: don't remember, Sunglasses: Tom Ford

1 comment:

  1. Cute brunch outfit! Brunch is my fav time to wear a dress and accessorize as well, for some reason...-Jessica

    THEJESSICALBLOG.COM

    ReplyDelete