Sunday, March 11, 2012

Trend I'm Loving...Polka Dots

I adore polka-dots lately.  Typically, I'm a serious person, with a serious wardrobe, but every now & then, I get the urge to be a little lighter.  Polka-dots is one way I like to do that. 

I've seen dotted ladies all around: in magazines, on websites, and in person; and each time, I find myself smiling. To me, polka-dots are so French...when I wear them, I am the Parisian version of myself....and that makes me feel so ladylike.  Tres' jolie!

My favorite way to wear the dots is to mix prints. I like to pair a polka-dot blouse with a printed skirt or against a contrasting color of trousers, which makes them pop!  I am looking for the perfect dress with a polka-dot print.  When I find it, you'll be the first to know!

Tip:  Stick to small polka-dots not the big cheesy animated looking dots, for your most mature and sophisticated look. If you're going to pair your dots with another print, keep the two pieces in the same color family, and add a neutral shoe, which doesn't compete. 


courtesy People Magazine


courtesy People Magazine











4 comments:

  1. I am thinking it is time to schedule a shopping date with you! Just lovin' all your posts! Let's chat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm obsessed with polka dots as well. i love them paired with colored pants!!

    lovely blog, now following!

    xoxo,
    alicia // river city chic

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nicole -

    Was wondering if you would be willing to add outfit ideas for those of us that have a more casual work life?

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Patty,

    I am usually more inspired by dressing up, that's why I often have more to share with dresses & skirts!

    I work in a casual field as well...and will add some casual looks. I created this blog for you all, the readers, and the every-day woman (like me....my life is certainly not glamorous). So, check back soon on page 2, for some casual spring outfits.

    thanks for your request!

    ReplyDelete