Monday, January 23, 2012

Colorblock Monday

Mondays most often feel blah to me…So I wanted to add some color to my Monday today.  This red/teal/leopard combo made me smile the second I put it on my body.  The kickpleat skirt is comfortable and the tie neck blouse always makes me feel like a lady, in a throw-back sort of way. The combination, though, with the leopard platforms thrown in, that was the ticket!  I've never worn these pieces together.  I felt a little quirky, and surprisingly a little sexy.
The color didn’t have a huge impact on my day, but it did have an impact on my mood. I was cheery & flirty, much like my outfit. I had pep in my step, and I caught some people admiring my colorful ensemble. 
I enjoyed my colorful Monday.  (I could have worn black tights, and will in the future, but it was forecasted for 75 degrees in Houston!  So…I opted for the bare legs.)
Tip: what makes this work is the style of the shirt & skirt complimenting each other and the neutral shoe.  Yes, leopard can be used as a neutral….brown, tan, black.  It acted as a neutral in this case, yet still brought something extra to the outfit too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment