Friday, January 27, 2012

TGIF

Yeah! Friday!  Ok, so I admit…I bummed out today with my wardrobe. But, I also will admit I liked it. 
The strategically torn jeans, rolled up, the killer lace up boots, the slouchy sweater….Heaven!  I felt tough and relaxed…ready for the weekend…and still like a woman who was displaying my own personal style. 

Now, my idea of ‘bumming out’ is a little different than some others, apparently. I happen to read an article this morning about people who are wearing pajamas out in public (not just teenagers).  OMG….really?!  Have they no self respect?  Have they seen their asses in those pants?? I am all about self expression…all about wearing what you want. But pajamas? Pajamas aren’t clothes, they are sleepwear.  The article was actually defending this outfit choice.  I read there’s one official in Caddo Parish, LA trying to have pajamas ‘banned’ in public. I’m tempted to side with him.  I don’t want to ban anyone from wearing what they want……but…..come on, people.  Are these pajama wearers making deals, and meeting deadlines, and finding their soul mates in bunny print flannel PJs??  I’m afraid that 100 years from now, the decline of our society may all be linked to public pajama wearing if we aren’t careful….. 

As I looked down at my ripped jeans, I realized I was pretty bummed out today and should probably shut up.  But, I held my head high. My version of ‘bummed out’ was jeans, boots and a sweater….with make up and groomed hair….oh and fabulous Tom Ford cat eye shades. I must say I felt pretty hot. Tough. Sexy. Now, if everyone would rock the ‘bummed out’ look with some style (and sans pajamas), I could go for that…at least on Fridays. 

Happy Weekend!  What are your thoughts on the pajamas in public issue?







Tip: Ripped (or embellished) jeans are challenging for adults to wear.  Working them into your regular pieces, such as my modest Ann Taylor sweater, my fave lace up boots, and typical accessories like cat eye glasses, loop earrings and my everyday handbag, helps me to avoid looking like I’m trying to be a twenty-something.  If you pair ripped jeans with a rock tee, a studded belt, and motorcycle boots, you may look like you’re in costume.  Yikes.



1 comment:

  1. Looked great even though you say you were bummed out! Wish I could pull off bummed out like that!

    ReplyDelete