Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Smart Classic

I am not one to dress in a ‘classic’ style too very often.  What is it about a blazer that makes jeans feel so pulled together? I love, love, love a blazer with jeans. So simple…so classic…so polished.  The blazer in my outfit today feels like the caramel on my sundae.  I would just be vanilla ice cream in a dish without it.  I know it’s a neutral color, I know it’s uninteresting, but it just tops me off nicely.  I had a couple business meetings today and in no way felt like I was ‘in jeans’.  I felt well dressed. 

If the blazer is the caramel on my sundae, my shoes are the cherry on top!  Red tassel loafers.  Yummmm!  My shoes were so smart.  They were perfectly suited to the outfit and so much fun!  I am admittedly a shoe addict, and this pair is certainly on my keep forever list.   





My outfit was classic with a kick.  I took a very classic combination: dark jeans, white shirt, camel blazer and loafers and made it my own. I suggest you do that with all your outfits.  Take your basics and ordinary outfits and add your own personal touches like I did with the red loafers, or the drape top in place of a button down and not exactly classic jewelry.  That’s how you get personal style.  You take something anyone else can put together, and add your personality.

No comments:

Post a Comment