Thursday, February 2, 2012

Jumpsuit Obsession

I am officially in love!  The jumpsuit is my latest obsession. 70’s inspired, clean European cut, or any other design…I love them all.  A jumpsuit is one stop dressing…much like a dress.  When I put on a jumpsuit, I feel chic, urban, and really stylish.

I have a handful of jumpsuits, all slightly different.   I'm crazy about wearing them to any kind of event or occasion.  Today, I went with the three-quarter sleeve faux wrap top. It’s jersey…and so comfy!  And, I ordered it from target.com!  You can get them at all price points….from Forever 21 to Valentino.   

The thing with jumpsuits, is that they are so versatile.  Change the belt, jewelry, shoes, and you have a brand new outfit.  Depending on the style & fabric, you can wear them for Saturday shopping or even to more formal events!  (Rose Byrne just wore a gorgeous white Elie Saab jumpsuit on the red carpet) And a bonus: it can take you from day to night…..I wore mine to the office and after work, I’m headed to dinner with a friend at a little French restaurant, and I will be appropriately dressed there as well.  


Women of ALL sizes and ages can wear jumpsuits, just remember the rules for dressing your body type/age (do you need to define the waist? Should you wear boatneck or v-neck? Can you pull off skinny pants or do you need a wider leg? Typical rules…just all in one piece).  Check out my ‘outfit ideas’ page for examples of how to wear jumpsuits. 


Caution: the jersey material jumpsuits like I’m wearing today can look like you have on your PJ’s, so be sure to dress it up a little.  Add a belt of more sturdy fabric, put on a nice shoe, and add jewelry.  I replaced the jersey tie belt that came with the jumpsuit with a wide black leather belt, a colorful bead necklace my son gave me, which I adore, and added another pop of color with a cobalt blue pump.  I assure you I don’t look (or feel) like I’m in my PJ’s. 



So, now that I have shared my new love affair with you, I hope you’ll all go out and get a jumpsuit!

3 comments:

  1. Where did you buy the jumpsuit? Is that a hat in the picture too? Did you wear it?

    Definitely a "wow" outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Patty!

    This jumpsuit (the actual one I wore today) was bought at Target.com! the others I bought at Zara and ASOS.com.

    No hat on this one...just a belt and jewelry.
    I really encourage you all to try a jumpsuit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Guess what, I found a jumpsuit in the back of closet that I have not worn in YEARS!! It is from WhiteHouse/BlackMarket. I plan to get it drycleaned and wear it soon.

      When did you purchase the one from Target.com?

      Delete