Monday, February 6, 2012

Winter Still...

The weekend is over already…that was fast.  I did get some time to visit Zara and Kenneth Cole this weekend; they are starting to put out Spring fashions, of course. And I’m not quite ready for the lighter clothing just yet. I also checked out the Jason Wu for Target line…I was disappointed, by the look and cut of the garments.

Thankfully, the Groundhog says we’ll be having six more weeks of winter. It was about 70 degrees when I heard that news last week. So, this week’s cool weather in Houston is welcome.  I didn’t get to wear near enough of my winter wardrobe this winter!  A few more pieces will get to come out and show themselves….so my winter wardrobe and I are both happy! 

I spent yesterday arranging fresh items on my go-to rack.  (I keep a clothes rack full with the clothes that suit my current mood or inspiration, or anything that I might want to wear this week…I update it regularly.  It saves time and frustration in the mornings.  I don’t have to dig through my overstuffed closet).  So, I with the rack all refreshed, I already knew what I was wearing today: The red 60s dress. It’s so cute, and only been worn once before. 

The red dress is definitely the show stealer, so I added muted gray suede boots, gray tights and a black/white/gray leopard print scarf.  I also grabbed my white coat on the way out.  Thank you to Mother Nature for the cool weather. 



I love red. I love black.  But, sometimes I feel like red and black together are too harsh, or sort of cheap looking, and predictable.  So I’m substituting gray for black quite often these days.  It calms the outfit down.  Gray is a neutral and can be worn in place of black in almost every instance.  Mix it with colors, other neutrals and black.  If you aren’t already wearing it, try it!



** at the request of some followers, I’ll start telling you what brands I’m actually wearing, and price points so you can find something similar when interested. Photos are representative of my daily outfits.

My actual outfit: Dress:Zara (was on sale last season $30), Scarf: Old Navy (I think around $12), Boots: Gianni Bini (Dillards-last season $180), White Collarless Coat: XXI ($40), Handbag: Coach ($320)

No comments:

Post a Comment