Monday, February 27, 2012

Blue & Gray

Another weekend of working the home sale for my parents just exhausted me.  I kind of feel like someone beat me up...hence the blue & gray today.  This dress and these shoes matched my mood, my level of exhausted, the Monday blues AND the weather. 

I've been waiting to wear these shoes since I got them on sale at DSW.  (the photo shows my actual shoes)  I was so happy when I slipped them on this morning.  To the shoes, I added my blue dress, a statement necklace and a hammered silver band ring.  Simple, but striking. I typically don't wear much blue.  But blue felt right today.

With the dress as a back drop, the necklace popped and the shoes came in a close second on the noticable scale. The key to a well balanced outfit is to not have too many things going on at once. A good rule is to put it all on, then take off one accessory.  I tend to under accessorize in the NUMBER of things I wear, yet I try to choose pieces that make a statement and don't compete.  So you end up with polished, not boring and not gaudy. I'm choosing my image, I'm deliberately making a statement and I'm not letting the accessories or clothing overwhelm me.  I shine through, they just highlight me. 





My actual outfit: Dress: Ann Taylor ($100), Shoes: MRKT, DSW ($40 on sale), Necklace: Stein Mart (old)



*please note I use pieces which are representative of my outfit. I get as close as I can in order to exhibit the look, mood and structure of what I'm actually wearing. I use actual items when possible.

2 comments:

  1. Lovin ur posts!! I'm following you now too! xo r

    ReplyDelete
  2. very classy! hope you can check my blog out as well! http://goldenzipper.blogg.se/

    thanks xx

    ReplyDelete