Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Denim Diva

You ever put on jeans and just feel like Beyonce?!

I wore skinny J-Brand jeans today, with a draped gray top, with purple ruffle peep toes, topped off with a charm necklace with so much character.  Bang!  My day was challenging, and I faced it like a DIVA!  I went through the day, shakin my booty, feeling confident, and very womanly all at the same time. I actually got things taken care of, and kept my saucy, yet positive attitude all along. 

A great fitting pair of jeans has a way of making you feel empowered, add a pair of heels, and LOOK OUT WORLD!  Know what cut of jeans work for you to feel and look your best. 

For petite ladies like me, you can do a skinny jean or a bootcut or a straight leg...but stay away from a super wide legs, they swallow you up.
Tall women can pull off just about any jean. (lucky you!)  More ample women should stick with straight, wider legged jeans, bootcut, and my faves for your shape are trouser jeans!  Curvy women, no matter the height, be careful with skinny jeans. Fit the widest part of your body and alter the rest to fit YOUR body. Yes, you can alter jeans. I have EVERY pair I own tailored for perfect fit (and confidence wearing them)!

However.....I believe any woman, of any shape can pull off just about any jean cut if you feel confident and use the rest of the outfit to make it work. 

This is a combo that will never go out of style: jeans and high heels....MEOW!






My actual outfit: Jeans: J Brand ($160), Top: Forever 21, Shoes: Steve Madden, Necklace: Zara, actual shown ($19), Sunglasses: Tom Ford, actual shown ($360)

10 comments:

  1. Great outfit, lady!

    Found you on my IFB group. Thank you so much for participating. I'm glad to hear I'm not the only girl with a crazy kitty ;)

    Julie
    http://rippedtightsandpinstripes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool...thanks for joining. I'll do the same.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where do you suggest I shop for J Brand jeans and why do you recommend that brand?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bought my J Brand skinny jeans at Neiman Marcus. I dedicated two weekends to trying on jeans. I tried several brands and cuts of jeans. I went to three malls.

    I landed on these dark color skinny jeans. And they have been worth every penny. Here's why: I am petite (5'0") yet curvy (I have a small waist and ample bottom & thighs), and I've had a hard time finding skinny jeans which fit me. These fit well although I had to have the waist altered.

    The second thing that I loved about them was the plain pocket. I am an adult. I am not into the embelished demin. I think a woman looks most sophisticated an mature in plain pocket denim, and they go with ANYthing....dressed up, dressed down. I say plain pocket is a must.

    Thirdly, I wanted a jean I could tuck into boots (one of my most often worn looks) and could wear with heels. I do both in these jeans.

    For my body type, JBrand worked. I suggest you try on SEVERAL pairs to find jeans that work for you. To round out your wardrobe, own a pair of bootcut, trouser, wide leg and skinny.

    Happy demin shopping!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I heard that J Brand is great! I wish I could afford a pair :)

    http://flyelephantfly.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. J Brand is one of my faves! I love the vivaciousness of this post! Keep it entertaining! lol

    http://dressingupwithdesire.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have you tried on some rag and bone jeans as well? they are the best thing that's ever happened to me, I love them more than I do my JBrands! :) great post! every woman needs a good pair of jeans!

    xx
    Lalaine

    ReplyDelete
  8. nice pick's!

    xo


    mydutchfashionstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have tried Rag & Bone....I don't remember why I passed them up for the J-Brand. But, I will try again next time I'm denim shopping. My next pair will be white skinnies.
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete