Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Business Chic

Today was a marathon meeting day.  I walked into a meeting with a client at 9:30 AM, and walked out at 3 PM.  Yes...a 5 1/2 hour meeting, including lunch.   Knowing it was a client-focused day, I wore a business casual combination that I love (pencil skirt and button down)...with a little jacket for a nice twist. 

In a pencil skirt and button down, I almost feel like I'm in a power suit.  I adore this combination for business meeitngs and events. It is feminine, yet strong and sharp.  To avoid being 'too' sharp, I added a little capelet with swing, letting my shirt sleeves extend pst jacket sleeves, black tights and tassel loafter pumps (the sturdy heel and masculine style also make me feel empowered). 

The day matched the outfit, I'd say.  Meetings went well, I felt focused and business-like. I even pitched some questions & ideas that were well received.  Would they have been as well received if I were in jeans or something more casual? Who knows...but I do know this: I felt empowered, I felt smart; like a business woman!  Perhaps that was the catalyst for my ideas and confidence to share them in the meeting. 

Tip: Everyone can wear a pencil skirt.  Keep hems at the knee, or just ABOVE the knee. You want to look like a lady, AND a professional.  Pencil skirts are sexy without being revealing, appropriate at any age AND they work for all body types.  If you have a boyish shape, it gives the impression of curves; if you're curvy, it plays up your figure; if you're plus size, it's more flattering than a full skirt. 






My outfit: Skirt: Target ($30), Button Down: Old Navy ($25-30, not exactly sure), Capelet Jacket: Forever 21 (older, don't remember price), Shoes: Levity (DSW, $40 on sale), Necklace: Kenneth Cole Outlet, Handbag: Coach ($320) 



2 comments:

  1. Thank you for joining!
    I appreciate all of you following my blog!

    I'm new to this...please share with friends and contacts!

    ReplyDelete