Friday, February 3, 2012

Well Vested

Finally Friday! I had a long week and just sat down to blog for today after a full day at the office, and a hair appointment. So, what did I wear today? Jeans. Well….not just jeans.  Jeans, a leopard blouse, a black vest and my killer lace up platform ankle booties.

I’m not sure what it is about Friday, but something in the air makes me feel a little bit spunky.  Fridays offer me an unspoken liberty in my wardrobe.  Today, I went with a vest and a little leopard.  The vest is just a powerful garment.  I love wearing vests. They define a waist, polish up an outfit and just add enough of a menswear touch to feel tailored. You have a big meeting? An important appointment? A day that requires "guts"?  Put on a a vest! A vest is the perfect armor you need to face your day!


Believe it or not, this is a look a lot of body types can pull off. You just have to adjust it to your ‘rules for dressing your body’. For example, I wore a high heel because I’m short.  I wore a skinny jean because I’m petite. A more ample figure could wear a loose blouse, a vest (leave the vest open), and wear it with boot cut jeans.  A taller woman can wear this look with a flat shoe.  A boy-shaped body (no waist) could add a belt around the waist.  You can add a vest to a dress, a skirt and top, there are options for everyone!



Happy Weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment